Thursday, June 7, 2007

What is with the Spelling in Hip Hop Songs

I have to admit, I don't get hip hop. I enjoy the beats and there are certain artist like Kanye West, Jay Z, and Eminem that I think compose lyrics that are insightful and thought provoking. On a side note, props to Kanye West for using his real name and not some ludicrous (or ludacris for some of you) nickname.

The part of hip hop or pop songs that really confuse me are when singers or rappers feel the need to spell. D-to the E- to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S. WOW!!! This guy knows how to spell delicious. Every Fergie songs seems to have the need to do this. G-L-A-M-O-U-R-O-U-S. Are you showing off that eighth grade education. Good for you!!! You can spell three syllable words. Take that geeky Scripps National Spelling Bee kids.

For God's sake, don't start all the hip hop songs with "Uh" or "Yeah" and bring in some instruments. Some besides the producer has to have some talent in this industry.

No comments: