Monday, November 5, 2007

Rock N Roll Quiz

Who got me a subscription to Rolling Stone? The magazine comes to my house every two weeks and is filled with articles on bands I actually care about. There are articles about Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, The Clash, Pearl Jam, Kanye West, etc. Although I haven't search hard, I have not come across mention of Good Charlotte and My Chemical Romance, which is a great thing.

One online challenge the magazine pointed me to was a Rock N Roll quiz available online. These aren't gimme's like "Whose wife did Eric Clapton write the song Layla?" (answer: George Harrison), but some real toughies. By taking the quiz, you will find out:
  • The rock star that was a classmate of former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson
  • The reason behind Jimi Hendrix from the Army
  • The meaning of the words "Gunter Glieben Glauten Globen" are heard on the beginning of Def Leppard's Rock of Ages
  • The Oscar winning star that appeared in Madonna's video "La Isla Bonita"
I scored a respectable 38, which the quiz creators deemed as "WHIZ". Try it yourself - click here