Friday, April 11, 2008

David Archuleta: Please let me in on the Joke

Alright. I concede defeat. I don't get why this cruel joke is being played on me. Sanjaya I can understand. The ten to fourteen year old girls think he is cute and funny. He had silly hair that they loved so they voted for him to have him pass through to the next round. However, the judges demonized him as a crap singer.


Now this kid Archuleta keeps passing through to each round and the judges think he is crazy hot! What is it I am not getting. When I hear him sing, I want to get out my son's aspirator and clear his nose of all that post nasal drip . His easy listening songs are more suitable for a 45 year old than a 17 year old.


The only thing that I can conclude is that I am living in a huge bubble, similar to Jim Carrey in The Truman Show. The whole world is playing a joke on me. Any minute, there will be Ashton Kutcher with his trucker hat fixated sideways on his head running through my door yelling gotcha. I am going to save him and the rest of the world the effort and expense. I give up. Please stop the joke. I don't get it and I don't even know why I would take the energy to write this other than feeling immense confusion. Am I really the only one who feels this way? This is young, poppy American Idol. Not "So You Think You Are A Teenagers With Asthma Who Can Play Adult Contemporary".